What we offer
Individual Training Sessions & Instruction
First Training Session
- Brief introduction of the approach
- Questionnaire - record information about the horse
- Aspirations of the handler / rider
Initial Training Session
- First meeting with the horse
- First impression of the character and potential of the horse
- Initial training exercises
Subsequent Training Sessions
- Length and content depend on the goal setting, personality and learning speed of the horse and handler / rider
- Learning by watching – the handler's / rider's learning experience is enhanced through watching the trainer demonstrate the exercises
- Handler / rider can work with the horse and put new approaches and exercises into practice and receive immediate feedback or advice
- Sessions may include body work for the horse (stretching, flexing, bending), body awareness exercises for the rider, groundwork games and exercises, ridden games and exercises
- There will be plenty of opportunities for questions and exchange
- Case notes of each session can be kept, reporting what exercises have been done. The case notes will be complemented by photos at regular intervals. This is a great way for the handler / rider to keep track of developments and progress of the work, as well as being a good reminder of how to do particular exercises.
The above is a general outline only. Sessions will be tailored to meet the individual requirements of each horse and handler / rider and take into account their unique background and current circumstances.
All content © 2008-2010 Pegasus Equine Ltd and may not be reproduced in any form without prior permission.